Aug 20, 2008

Warning: This Post contains words!

What does every product manufactured, have in common? A warning label. You go to the store and buy something. Unpack it and see this bright yellow label stuck on top of it which makes whatever you bought, look horrendous.

I, initially thought the messages were supposed to make the consumer crack up and develop a liking towards the brand. Matter of fact, No. They are serious. You buy a knife, it says its a sharp object. Unless I have an IQ of negative 100, I would certainly know that.

You buy an mp3 player and it says, high volume can damage hearing. It's simply, plain silly. The other day I went and bought a product. Opened it up, and I still could not see the product since, it was wrapped in warning and caution labels. At first, it seemed like the company had a weird sense of gift-wrapping. An Iron box has a warning which says surface could get hot. We obviously know that its not magic, which removes the creases from our clothes.

The source of all this stupidity is, us unfortunately. Look at all the crazy lawsuits filed by people who just want to get some extra cash or are just plain stupid. The most insane one being, a lady who sued a microwave company saying that they did not have a warning saying that "cats" can't be used in it. Even more insane being, she actually won since her cat was killed. If I were the judge, I would have jailed her. Saying, she was trying to eat the cat in the first place and secondly was too dumb to be left in public.

Most of the warnings are senseless, since the companies don't want lawsuits. Its cheaper for them to slap on labels. Firstly, I would say remove all of them and, jail or kill if necessary the people who file dumb lawsuits. Since they are wasting everybody's time.

Secondly, even if the people are injured. It serves them right. They should know that a knife can cut skin too, deafness is possible from an mp3 player and, iron boxes can't remove your wrinkles!

No comments: