I had thought of a good topic to write today. I couldn't start, since I didn't have the faintest idea of what I thought to write about in the first place. I thought about it real hard, but still no luck. Hence, I decided to write about this one instead.
I forget a lot, seriously. I think a lot of people can relate to me, actually everybody, since I am sure there is not a single human being who hasn't forgotten something or the other. Today, I forgot my wallet and keys at home. I did not forget to bring my gravy for lunch but, just realized I forgot to get bread to eat it with. Sometimes forgetfulness does help, like last evening I forgot my laptop at work. Why does that help? Because I would have forgotten to get it today for sure.
There are a lot funny incidents this reminds me of. My brother once forgot to take his school bag to school. I forgot my passport & ticket for my flight. I went to the mall and had no freaking clue why I was there. I go to the grocery store to buy something and buy everything else apart from it. I forget that I told something to my friends and get yelled at for repeating it.
A couple of years back, one of my uncles realized that I had a problem and gave me some memory tablets to help me improve. Only to find out a month later, that I had forgot to take them. One of my aunts used to tie knots in her Saree as a reminder. Heck, if it were me I couldn't have worn the Saree because it would have been full of knots. It did not help her much since, she couldn't remember what the reminder was supposed to be for. It became worse since she used to remove the knot thinking some kid might have been playing with it.
I can go on and on about the incidents which, gives me an idea. I can write a book about this. I see a big problem there. I'll forget about it in 2 seconds.
Why are we so forgetful? In the early human civilization. Life was pretty simple. Get up, go kill an animal. Have it for lunch, sleep, repeat and call it a day. Now, we have a million things going on at work, at home, at home back home(India), children, friends, car etc that we have to constantly think about something or the other. Even now, I bet you were doing something, saw my blog link and decided to see if I was still jobless to write another post. Well I am, and hope to remind you to get to back to what you were doing after reading this.
Reminders for important things, in your cellphone or email help. I need a reminder for almost everything. My cellphone reminds me to go to work, brush, shower etc. It runs my life. And almost everyone has reminders for birthdays, sometimes for their own. One of my friends used to tell me. "If you don't remember something, that something is not worth remembering". Not really. I forgot to pick up my brother at the airport.
I wish we could just have a simple life without any worries. Nothing to remember, so nothing to forget. Fact of the matter is, we can't. Unless you have a couple of million bucks and live in the Himalayas.Don't think of coming back since your relatives would have declared you dead and taken away your money.
Aug 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment