Aug 26, 2008

Loading... Please Wait

I see this message longer, than the time I use the application, which my computer loads these days. The system seems to be running out of breath even while trying to open up notepad!

My work demands me to have at least ten applications open, to do one trivial task. That does not work for me. Every application needs log in information to be entered, and takes, what seems like eternity to load. By the time the tenth application loads, the first application logs me off since it claims I haven't given it any attention in the past couple of hours and, I realize its time to get of work. End of a very productive day, I would say.

Booting up my computer is another story. I have to boot up my computer right when I leave work, so that its all ready the next morning when I get back. Of course, that's only till the log in screen. After I log in, its ready by 5 pm and now, its time to reboot and go home.

I do not understand why it should take so long. I don't care that a computers can do a zillion calculations per second or the bus inside can take 256 people in it. All I need to do is switch it on and get going just like a phone. Its not like sex, where foreplay is required.

It seems like Microsoft is making its people work overtime since my computer tells me, its brain has just been updated and needs to be rebooted, Everyday! And have you ever noticed, while you are just staring at the screen doing nothing, the stupid computer seems to be doing what seems like a rocket launch? I have no freaking clue what its doing and does not respond at all. I therefore, propose a feature to be included in their next update, similar to the windows key, called "WTFUD" which stands for "WTF U doing?". Just to know what its doing and kill it if I think its useless.

I could never find a short cut for any of the above. Don't tell me Standby or Hibernate since, it never seems to come back on. But I did find one for shutting down. I just pull the power cord!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the WTFUD botton idea.