Though I feel my hearing senses are good, I don't have the faintest idea of where its coming from. Every time I hear emergency vehicles, I slow down abruptly trying to figure where it is. Yes I did find out where it was, right behind me since I "saw" it in my mirror.
Technology has become a major pain in the neck, since every electronic/electric item has an audible beeper in it. The other day, I was surfing the net and heard a beep. It was the dryer and I didn't want to procrastinate so went ahead to get my clothes out of it. Wrong, the heat was set to extra high and it was in the middle of doing it. End result, I burnt half of my face.
I heard the beep again and I thought it could be smoke alarm, running out of battery. So I replaced it and pressed the reset button. Or at least, what I thought was the reset button. Now the alarm went off, all three of them in the house. By the time I figured out how to shut them, the fire brigade was there. They shut it down for me. And now again I hear the beep.
Well, I was certain it was the dryer. Wrong again, I burnt the rest of my face. I agree, I screw up but why does everything have to beep? The washer, Dryer, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge, TV, Cellphone, Iron box, Smoke detector, CO detector, Laptop, car, the car's audio system, the garbage truck, the elevator, shaver, toothbrush and everything else apart from clothes and food.
The car beeps so that, I don't forget to take the key out. Well, how am I going to lock if I don't take the key out? Which idiot approved this? The car's audio system beeped to remove the face plate. I did, and threw it since I decided to hear one less beep. Garbage truck? really, how can it be in anybodies blind spot?
The microwave takes the crown. It beeps every time you press a button. I really don't get that. I mean, I can see that the display shows whatever I press. I have a sense of touch and sight. More than enough to check if I am screwing up. The most annoying part is when the food is done. It beeps three times. I know I entered one minute, and having spent over 25 years on this planet, I think I have a good idea of how long a minute can be. And then it beeps every minute later if I don't take the food out. I am hungry so, I won't forget to take it out. Simple.
Once I had decided not to complain but to do something about it. I took the microwave apart, disconnected the beeper and put it back together. It never beeped anymore and nor did it work. I did eventually find out what was beeping the other day. It was the cellphone in my pocket reminding me to take the clothes from the dryer since, I switched off the beeper on it. Problem? I set the reminder for the wrong time!
Aug 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
interesting....
Post a Comment