In the train the other day, I saw this south Indian girl, wearing the tightest possible trouser. It seemed like it was stitched with her in it. Worse, it ended above her ankle. Got the picture? Even worse, I knew her!
I was going to name the post as Indian, but then I realized that I haven’t come across northies with the same issue. At least, until now. There is a significant number of people from this part of the world who move to the US and now are facing these new types of clothes called shirts, trousers, skirts and all the other countless types (I am talking about the women folk here). These women are more or less used to wearing Sarees and Salwars.
I saw a girl who wore a black frock, ankle length and red socks with anklets! These are strictly not work appropriate. How about pleated hair to top it off? These are the typical house wife kind of women who decided to work, to show their husbands that they are also capable of something. Kudos for that. But not for the way they are dressed for work. I would also like to mention about the night clothes called “Nighty”. Please leave them back in India. If people see you in it, they will avoid you forever. I have come to a conclusion that these women are color blind or just plain blind.
The men folk? Since they wear the plainest and dullest clothes, it is hard to go wrong with them or to even notice. So they are not going to get too much abuse from me except for their mustache. Unless you are Tom Selleck (Monica’s boyfriend Richard from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.) or Anil Kapoor it will not suit you. So do us a favor and take it off. Don’t try to extend it into a French beard, which makes it look even more ridiculous. How will you know if the frenchy suits you? If you think for a second, if its going to. Its not. Case closed.
The kids? If you have two or more boys or two or more girls, please I beg of you not to buy a S, M, L of the same clothes and dress them. We do not need proof to show they are bothers or sisters. We believe you. Kill yourself if there was a promotion when you bought two or more.
Why can't they look at the people around them and at least imitate, which is what Indians do best anyways. Or, just look at the mannequins and buy the exact same combination? You can’t go wrong. It’s pretty simple.
Thank God, jasmine flowers aren’t available!
Aug 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This post is funny!! Keep up the writing!!
haha thanks...i was actually a little skeptical about this post :)
i am sure a lot of your south indian friends would be miffed :D
yeah.. I think I'll be alienating my friends with each post :P
i am surprised you are still alive.
haha :)
lol....i kinda noticed this too!
Post a Comment