Sep 11, 2008

A Post.. about my blog

As my hit counter just passed 1000 hits. I thought I'll blog, about my blog. 

I have been wanting to blog for more than two years, but just did not happen. I was a little skeptical initially, since I am a private person and wouldn't want to express my feelings in public. But then I thought that, I will be the only reading it anyways, so why not? 

Thanks to Facebook, Orkut and all the chat messengers, I advertised my blog to everybody. In a day, it looked like I wasn't the only one reading. I was going to write a couple of posts initially and call it quits, but with the good response and motivation I got from my friends, I just kept going.

Not always in life, can you express your opinion without being killed. So this is a nice way to vent it all out. I am still hesitant to write about certain topics, since they might be extremely hurtful to the people who read it or, it is just too personal.

I am pretty frank & blunt (opposite of what I am in real life) on my posts. I get good reviews for some, and torn apart for the rest. I try not to be very serious, and add a humorous touch to it. It will be best if everybody reads it with the same mind set. I am not trying to change the world here, but certainly think about certain things. I am open to negative reviews too, since all of us are different. I am trying to write my point of view, that's all. I try to make clear in my posts of assumptions I make, and the certain set of people or beliefs I am going to talk about. There is no generalization whatsoever. Some people tend to miss this.

If you still think I am wrong, then you can start your own blog and vent it out. Just send me the link, and I'll appreciate or trash it. 

At this point I'd like to confess about something. Out of the 1000+ hits, over 900 were mine!

No comments: