Sep 19, 2008

Environmentalist's? I don't know

BRUTALITY FACTOR: High

I'd like to give a thumbs up for them in trying, to make the world a better place to live in. But are they? 

Pollution in developing countries are at astronomical highs. China literally had to ban all of its cars before the Olympics, so that the athlete's don't die. Congested cities in India are so bad, that the newer car's emission toxin levels are actually lower than the air it sucked in. The Environmentalist's (I am hence forth going to refer them as E's) put pressure on the Government who, in turn put pressure on the automakers to make cleaner cars. The E's essentially want a car, with an air purifier under its hood.

Yes, that is good. But they are lacking common sense since they are targets include the wrong companies. Like Ferrari or Lamborghini. They build performance cars for heavens sake. If they fall under these restrictions, they wouldn't be able to beat our average Civic. The yearly sales don't cross a 1000. The mileage they put on, will not be more than our shoes. Instead of this, they should be targeting Lawn movers. The emission levels of one is more than hundred cars combined, driving for 10 miles. And I am sure, the Lawn movers put on more miles than a Ferrari. And unlike a Ferrari, most people own a Lawn mover. Which, they "HAVE' to use. So are they going to shut down NASA, because they send up rockets into space and it pollutes the air? Something's, have be done regardless. 

Their next target are Oil refineries. They don't want anymore built. Anywhere in the world. What does this do? Raise the gas prices. And yet again, we are affected. I want to tell the E's one thing. I don't use gas to spray over my lawn or take a shower in it. I use it for my car, to get to work and back. Basically, its a necessity. If the public transport was good enough, why would I buy a car, pay interest, insurance and maintenance? So again, the E's should aim the govt to have better public transport and better incentives.

I think we need to look at the root cause, and control it from there on. Which is, our population. Now comes global warming. We see it happening, so the E's are going even more paranoid. We give out more emissions than the oldest bus running in India's public transport. So are the E's going to wipe mankind out, to save mother earth? Earth is been around for 1000's of years and, is in pretty good shape now. It can take care of itself. If it sees we are too much to handle. It'll just eat us and start a new civilization like the Dinosaurs. 

No one actually knows this. But, there is no proof yet that we, our cars and Lawn movers are responsible for Global warming. So whats all the hula boo about? All the protests and demands are for something that they 'THINK' could be the reason for global warming. The sun, could also be a cause for it.

So are they doing good for us? In some ways, not all.

No comments: