I find more and more people looking at the nutritional facts label these days. That's a good thing. Until, you go bonkers on it.
Initially I never cared about anything I ate. I thought the nutrition label was a game, or another bar code of some sort. I ate everything until, I had difficulty breathing or passed out. Fried was considered tasty, and fresh vegetables was torture. Soon, I realized I couldn't see my feet anymore. I tried playing Golf. I couldn't. If I could see the ball, I couldn't reach to hit it. If I could hit it, then I couldn't see the ball. All thanks to my belly. My face had become round from oval.
Reality struck. I realised I had to cut down. I could see the change. I could play Golf. The grocery store below my building, shut down. Regular milk became fat free. White became wheat. In fact every item in the fridge had a reduced or fat free label on it. Fresh vegetables now became tasty, and fried - torture. I end up spending days in grocery stores, since I am just spending all the time reading the nutrition facts label on it.
Now I could see the drastic change. I was close to being anorexic. I looked dead even though I was fresh. My belly which was convex, became extra concave. No more X-ray expenses. I did not have the energy even though, all I have been eating is healthy and fresh. See there's the mistake. I avoided all fats. The body needs some fat on a daily basis. Its only when we go over board, we put on weight.
Fat free milk is bad. Stick with 2%, if you cant handle the full fat milk. Honey can be used instead of sugar as compared to not having any at all. Olive oil is a source of good fats too. As long as a person is doing some sort of exercise regularly, he is good to go. There are more foods which are in fact, not as unhealthy as you think.
There is always a 20% rule you can follow. Of all the food you are eating in a day, 20% can be junk. This way, your craving doesn't go to an extent such that, in one shot you end up eating more than what you did in regular intervals.
America is obese, and there is no arguing with that. So much that the govt has had to restrict certain foods, since the people didn't have enough sense to avoid them in the first place. Fat people bring up medical costs. And now, in some places the restaurants need to display the calorie counts. This would be shocker for all who have never realised, what they have been eating for so long.
Fat people say they rather enjoy till 50, and die. But reality is, health conscious people hate the calorie rich food, as much as the fat person hates the healthy food. So point made. I'd be enjoying life till 70. I don't want to live longer since my 401K won't last beyond that.
Now there are typically two kinds of people. One the health conscious, and the other, not so. The problem is, both are the extreme ends. The former run away if you mention the word fat or fried, the latter would run to you. I think we should find a perfect balance between diet and exercise. And, maintain it. With that being said, let me grab a Hagindaz for my 20%, for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment