Finally. The truth comes out. A government report now states that speeding does not necessary kill. The number of accidents caused due to speeding was one of the lowest. Accidents caused by people confusing India with the US was much higher. Which means, driving on the wrong side of the road.
And all the accidents which were caused by speeding must have been driven by idiots anyways. The highest cause was, because of driver error. Which again proves that there are a lot of nut cases on the road, who simply cannot drive.
Don't for a second think, I am going to point my fingers at the fairer sex. I think women are very safe drivers. Essentially there are only two kinds of women drivers. Safe and aggressive one's. None in between. You better not compete with the aggressive one's. She'll make you weep like, a two month old baby. I think a good number of safe one's are a bit scared when they drive. It's a mental torture for them. They think twice before they have to take the expressway. My mom has been driving for twenty years now. She still isn't confident about driving, in fact on any road.
The Men. Just because they are men, think they are born to drive. Impeccably that too. Wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. Its their over confidence that ruins the whole thing. These are usually the one's who go, "Women can't drive". And think, they are better drivers. The next minute he bangs his car. So Mr. Michael Schumacher, go easy.
There are people who step on the brakes for no reason. They'll be doing 75 mph and all of a sudden hit the brakes. This panics everybody behind him. Mind you, they are not slowing down. They keep their foot on the brakes, just because they think they might.have to slow down. Well idiots, the car will slow if you are not accelerating. Not only while braking. They keep their foot either on the accelerator, or on the brake.
As it relates to speeding. I think the converse is true. Slowing cause accidents. Slowing down rapidly, cause more. I am talking out of experience. And I am sure you can relate to it too. Every time I drive at 55 mph, I doze off. It is so boring to just sit there and do nothing. Time seems to go slower than usual, and you take a year to reach your destination. When you sleep you normally, end up in an accident.
On the other hand, if you were driving at 80 mph. You will be concentrating hard, not to end up in the back seat of a Toyota Corolla who will doing 0.003 mph. And on the look out for cops hiding behind street lights. So the driver is more attentive now, since he is not sleeping anymore. People doing 70 - 80 mph on expressways are more confident and alert drivers.
But the problem is though. You can't do 80, since you'll be in what looks like a long train headed by a stupid minivan doing 40. I simply can't drive behind minivan drivers. Because, they are minivan drivers. They are usually slow and try to be safe, since they have 10 unruly brats sitting behind them. If I were the mini-driver... Actually, there is no way in hell that I would buy a minivan in the first place. I would kill myself if I had to. If I don't, you can kill me.
And I would like to appeal to the Government, to restrict cars like the Toyota Corolla, NIssan Sentra, Kia Rio, Honda Civic etc to 40 mph and ban them from the highways. They can go faster no doubt. But can they stop? Yes, only if a wall comes in its way. They are fitted with brakes you find on a bicycle.
Now the NHTSA (National Highway Transport Safety Administration) will have to spend quite a lot of money. To change all the boards which say, "Speed Kills" to "Moron's Kill".
No comments:
Post a Comment