Dec 29, 2008

"Happy Holidays..." Oh Shut up!

Every Christmas, I look forward to only one thing. The incredible deals which nearly, every store offers. All the stores make most of their profit during this holiday season. Its hard to deny, as every American will have to buy at least one dozen gifts. To gift it to the people whom they really really hate. It has much become so much of a formality, rather than an act of kindness.

Also, every Christmas, I don't look forward to a lot of things. For example, the radio. I agree with the holiday spirit, butt playing just five types of Christmas songs for almost a month kills me. Every single time. The guy who sang "The most wonderful time of the year", better not come across by me. So I switch off the radio after thanksgiving. That doesn't solve the problem either. Every store in US plays those same five songs. It simply drives me mad.

The next would be Mr Overweight White bearded man aka Santa Claus. Everyone knows this character is not real. Well, almost. Since there was a guy in the earlier days, who used to help the poor during Christmas. And, the trend continued. What I cannot understand is, why everyone tells their kid that there is a Santa when they are 2, and there isn't one when he is 12. 

Every major mall and store hires one of the child molesters or  the Russians and dress up them as Santa. And let them play with the kids later on. One guy last week, dressed up as Santa went into his in-laws house, opened fire at all of them and then killed himself after burning the house down. 

I would tell my kids that Santa is fake and make sure they spread the word in their school. If you are planning to go shopping because of the deals available. Think twice. There won't be any parking available. All of them would be taken up by the Corolla's, Civics, Altima's, Camry's and Accords. Basically, all the junk. By the time you get through the traffic and find a parking, stores will close.

Post Christmas is even better. Stores give even better deals. And, I can finally switch the radio back on.

No comments: