Today's weather predicted around half a foot of snow. Snow is just very pleasing to look at and experience, provided your skin is as thick as George Bush's. But the roads are, as usual clogged with idiots who can't drive, and can't stay home either. I don't end up killing the nutcases driving minivans or the Corolla's, as my drive is less than a mile to another terror land. The suburban train.
If my calculations are right, the train would reach precisely 30 minutes late on a day like this. I was dumb folded when it came a minute earlier than the scheduled time. Just when I thought I couldn't bitch about the train in today's post, I realized it wasn't my train, but the train which should have reached half an hour back. My guesses are, the engine driver has a Corolla or a Minivan and is not comfortable driving the train in snow, on rails. Just in case the train looses traction, and skids out of control.
What I don't understand is why all the people stand next to the door, fifteen minutes before the train comes to a stop. The time they save is probably 20 seconds. They should have an announcement similar to the one's found in all the 'check-in luggage fee' charging airlines. "All morons, please stay seated until the delayed train comes to complete halt. Offenders will be linked to Ramalinga Raju's Satyam fraud case". If that doesn't do the trick, they should given a Chrysler Sebring instead.
The situation at Union Station is even worse. It looks like a mad market. People speeding everywhere. If you get into some one's path, you will be run over and no airbags or seat belts to save you. The exit points have an unofficial one way system. In the morning the traffic goes outside the building and in the evening traffic goes inside the building. If you happen to not follow the system, you would be walked-over to death or, will have to change your destination. I tried it last evening, mind you the evening crowd is a really mad one. I had managed to move about 20 millimeters, after battling the crowd for 10 minutes. The American courtesy has no place there.
Downtown's generally have a faster pace, for no known reasons. You can drive at 20 mph and it will feel like 120mph in downtown. In the suburbs doing 120 mph feels like a crawl. All these suburban lazy people become over active maniacs once they see tall buildings. These fast moving people in downtown for some weird reason once on the expressway do only 5 mph. The same speed as they walk. The cause for congestion in expressways is not too much cars. It is just too much cars with people, who do not know how to drive.
So people, relax and slow down. The economy is coming to a grinding halt anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment