Jan 16, 2009

Are you BALDING?

"The older you get, the wiser you become", is a famous saying, that everyone says to console someone who thinks they are old. It is actually true. Why are they wiser?  They would have screwed up more often than a person younger to him. Hence they know when a disaster is going to strike. That's why old people don't buy Corolla's, and buy a Buick instead. After which they realise, they had just screwed up again.

Men panic when the middle age syndrome strikes. And is easily solved after buying a sports car. They are often diagnosed with diabetes and have at least one heart attack by that point. All of them are manageable, but when someone says "You're loosing hair", is when they get a second stroke. People say there is cure for Cancer and for Aids in some cases, but nothing in sight for baldness. I seriously suggest the UN do something about this. Probably the Russians can now do something fruitful, long after they invented the pencil. Women don't have hair loss even if they are 200 years old. Those who do, just die of shock.

It was a bigger shock for me, as I was a teen when I started loosing hair. And now, my dad has more hair than I do. In every men's magazine, there are tons of ads of how they can increase the hair volume. I have tried so many different things. From prescription medicine, to ayurvedic, to homeopathic, to putting all sorts of crap on my head.

My first try was with a product called Rogaine. It was $100 a month, and the only difference I could see was a depleting bank account. And later I read its side effect could cause impotence. In other words, you might start developing Ovaries. Then I turned to herbal oil. It made a mess out of shower and my head.

Then I tried something called the laser comb. I am not sure if it helped my hair, but I think I might have corrected my vision with that. Then I ventured into some herbal pills which had some weird crushed leaves in it. It gave me stomach upsets. Another product had some black powder in a pepper shaker container. I can't seem to recollect the name for Christ's sake. All I had to do is put some of it on my head and I was on my way. Only if it rained, all the powder on my head will mix with the water and flow down my face.

The only options I haven't tried is wearing a wig (Chicago's wind will repossess it) and hair transplant (I can buy a car instead). The best solution is shave the head off completely (Most have a goaty to add the "cool" factor) or to accept it. I was with the later, until I saw another path which I hadn't explored yet. Its like makeup. A black one, which you rub on your head so the balding spot's color blends with the hair.

And the experiment continues...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its regaine not rogaine

J said...

I used rogaine. There's a product called regaine too.