Trying to decide where you want to eat depends a lot on what you want to eat. Apart from the cuisine, the kind of diet is the game changer. A non-veg person can pretty much go anywhere apart from a salad bar and kill his hunger. But a veggie has to remove Steak house from his memory. The only thing vegetarian there is water. A veggie has to rule out almost 90% of the dishes at any restaurant in the US except, at our life saving desi restaurants.
Vegetarianism came into existence when religions were invented. People realized that animals also do feel pain. Majority of the veggie population exists in India. The Chinese do not know what Vegetarian means. They eat anything, that they can chew. Adam was a vegetarian initially I suppose and looking at all the meat eating animals, I guess Eve tried cooking a non-veg dish. It was a instant hit and continued there on.
Both grass eaters and animal killers exist in my friends circle. And the grass eaters look at the animal killers and say they are heartless. The animal killers look at the grass eaters, ask how do they know plants don't feel pain and always say that a veg diet is not worth living for. both look down upon each other. Its a never ending argument just like Bush trying to justify the Iraq/Afghanistan attack.
I am a animal killer, but am not all crazy over meat. I eat only chicken and one kind of fish. I have seen the so called veggie with a even weirder preference. One of my veggie friends eats only KFC chicken. He's veggie otherwise. Now that's not right. And I do intend to stop eating meat one day. If that's the case, then my mom would not know what to cook. Being a Muslim, anything veg does not exist.
You can never deny that being a veggie has its own health benefits. Which is why all kinds of diets recommend vegetarian food and minimal meat. High red meat consumption will make you meet, the cow you ate soon. A few people eat only cage free birds or only animals which have been treated well. Yes, I totally get it. The animals live in a mansion, drive a Ferrari and then get slaughtered. Doesn't quite add up.
What I can never understand is how people can eat pork? I don't eat it, as I am sensible. Its the most filthiest animal on the planet, and doesn't look like Beyonce either. That's the reason we use it to insult people. For instance the people in Shiv Sena's group are PIGS. It stinks like nothing else when cooked. I had to wear a mask at my part time job to avoid death. Eat pork? I'd rather drive a Corolla.
Being a non-veggie, I was amazed at the variety of Indian vegetarian dishes. With non-veg, it can either be fried or made as a gravy. That's it, Full stop. Sometimes I feel that non-veggies are insensitive towards veggies. I would never be OK if I had my food right next to pork or any other meat that I don't eat. The ewness would be even more if I were a veggie. Ordering non-veg food when a veg person is beside is not right. Unless that person is a Russian.
Vegetarian diets are better any day and the non-veggies who think they can't live without meat. Think again!
No comments:
Post a Comment