I just heard this news a few minutes back. Michael Jackson converted to Islam. The news wasn't publicized much for the obvious reasons. One being that, no one is interested in him anymore. So me being a Muslim, am I happy about this? No. One more psycho just joined us.
Michael Jackson has done a million surgeries till now to change his look. He's no more black and nor is he white. The plastic surgeon got drunk in the process and made him look like an alien. People say he moved to Bahrain to play with the Sheik's kids. They won't make him a citizen there since the kids will grow up, and he doesn't want to live here either. So he's just basically lost his whole identity along with his morale.
Some of the Muslims are proud that he converted to Islam. What is he now? A brand ambassador? They think people who like him will also convert. Wrong. At this point only the Sheik likes him and he is already a Muslim. In one way it is good he choose to follow a religious path. Next thing you know, he might be the Imam (person who leads the prayer) in a LA mosque.
Time after time I have heard about a lot of Islam converts. It would take a lot for a person to follow Islam. It has more rules than all the laws in the whole world put together. Following the religion (kind of) for twenty something years, my faith has been slowly and steadily dying. Not in Islam, but the existence of God itself.
You might be a strong believer in your religion, but deep down somewhere you have your own doubts. Do not deny. I am probably one of the kinds who won't believe something until I see it. But religious people say if you could see god, then everyone would follow it. So that's why, God is testing our faith and trust when it is not that obvious. See that sort of trust and faith I would expect between a husband and a wife. These people basically have an answer for everything. And me, questions.
If I were god. I would just pick a date and surprise everybody so that people can mark me as present. Now if that happens, everybody would follow their religion. No more rapes, murders, thefts etc. If god truly existed, why would he see his own species being massacred? Why doesn't he come save us like Superman? There's an answer for this also. Everything happens for good. Now, I like being optimistic but beyond a certain point it is just ridiculous.
I still have my doubts too. What if God exists? He'll screw my happiness if he reads this. Atheists are very confident and bold people to say no to religion. The rest are cowards who need some support. I belong to the latter. So I will try and follow the religion. At least for the festivals I can celebrate.
4 comments:
Most of us need hope and faith to survive. We can put our faith in another human being who we respect and look up to but even that person is prone to err as all humans are so we need someone devine, someone who is better than all of us to put our faith in. I think religion is personal and is upto each one of us to interpret it and follow it in our own way.
Not most, but all us do. The difference is I have more doubt than faith. The others, the exact opposite.
In fact if somebody comes and proves that there is no God, then I am sure there would be chaos. People have nothing to be scared off, apart from the law. Which no one cares about anyway.
So it is good that religion does exist. It tames the animal inside us.
I think your article was an interesting read. I agree with most of what you have written and hold a semi similar belief myself.
In my opinion, all the religions around the world should be in the list of most admired organizations. Let me clarify, have you ever heard of any religious place that has declared bankruptcy???? Well I haven’t and I think all of them keep their followers scared enough to ensure sustained interest.
I think we also follow our respective faiths because of our unexplainable urge and need to conform and belong. I think this is a mindset that deep-rooted in all of human culture because around the world the minorities are at the receiving end. It could be something as simple as a sarcastic remark or something as serious as their life, but as long as we refuse to introspect and change our perspective toward each other this is bound to happen. We will remove each other, one person at a time.
On a lighter note, maybe this is what God intends for us, annihilation of the biggest invaders of the greatest planet I have known.
Thats an interesting way of looking at it.
Agree with your comment too.
Post a Comment