Nov 5, 2008

Change is here ..hopefully a good one

Like every news channel, website, co-worker, conversation, etc you might think I am going to talk about Barack Obama's victory. Unfortunately, yes I am.

It wasn't close. He won by a land slide. Just wiped out McCain. The first African American President. Well, is that why he won? I am sure he had a huge support from the African American people. Or is it because of McCain's stupidity? Or, could it be both. 

I have zero knowledge about politics. I don't know who belongs to the Republicans, the Democrats or the Naziis. But, I could definitely make out that McCain was no good. He could have been, but did not show it at all. And I have no idea why he would promote himself as the oldest ever President. Its like telling the world, a 2000 year old guy can run the marathon. 

The only point when I really liked him was the speech after the results were declared. You know why? Because this was the only time when he didn't criticize Obama. In the past couple of months, all McCain kept talking about was, Obama's flaws. In that process, he did not emphasize enough on how he would benefit the country. He was a soldier for six years. Damn, that's good. but not good enough to get all the votes.

Just when you thought you had the best laugh. He chooses Sarah Palin as the Vice President. At this point more than half of the videos on YouTube are related to mocking her. I think today she can go back home, and do what she does best. Just take care of the house and kids.

Obama definitely is more poised and can connect to the people more than anyone else. Just listening to his speech gives me confidence that he will do something for the people. Everyone else agrees too. Even he emphasized on himself being the first African American president. At this point that's not right. If people had chosen him because of his color, that is wrong. People should be voting for his ability.Hardly does anyone know that his mother is white. 

Whatever said and done. This guy has some charm in him like no other. It is so much, that the expectations are sky high at this point. People will want the Army out of Iraq, end recession, fix the oil situation, housing mess, tell Bush to get back to golfing, etc on day he swears in. 

Well, he has got some big shoes to fill. As big as the Air Force One.

No comments: