BRUTALITY FACTOR: Medium
All good things come with some kind of shortfall or the other. Take cars for example. For guys, its the best thing that will ever happen (Girlfriend/wife come at a distant second) in their life. But the process of buying one is the most annoying part of it, thanks to our friendly car salesman.
If it weren't for the deals or test driving the car to get a feel, I would just buy a car online to just avoid talking to the sales people. The nutcase always thinks he knows better than you do. He might, but I will never accept that. The introductions go by well and, he will want to know if you are ready to buy the car in the next minute or so.
I am going to plunk down tens of thousands of dollars and you want me to make a choice in a couple of seconds? Dream on boy. If you say no, he looks at you like you are a loser. I wanted to buy a used car and was looking around for a couple of cars. This was by far the worst experience I had.
They always look for something to connect to. I took out my iPhone and the sales guy said he had and he loves it. I know he doesn't and is probably anti-apple. And regardless of what car you look at. The idiot will always say he or his wife drives one and they love it. Trust me, if he or his wife could afford that car, he wouldn't be working there.
One car I looked at, had an accident in the past. The idiot tried convincing me saying that it was more than 2 years ago and doesn't matter. I told him if I broke his jaw bone today will it matter two years later. Yes it will. And another car I looked at, didn't have its display working, windows were stuck, the buttons worn out, half its seat was missing, smelt like an animal shelter, etc. And the guy still thought the car was good.
The idiot also wants to know if you are going to trade in your old car. Just so that he knows if he can rip you on that also. If you are going to finance, he will score another one. And then the bargaining starts. I just can't bargain. For that sole reason, I hate doing it.
They always say, they are selling you the car below their cost price. Just to make you feel good. Why would anyone sell something for a loss? If you bought a car and think you got a good deal. Nope, its the dealer who got the good deal. All you got, is hopefully a good car.
One other sales person in another dealership, kept telling people that the dealer advertised lesser than normal. So the owner decided to give away the money saved to customers. Yeah right. Its a dog-eat-dog world my friend.
I wouldn't entirely blame the idiots, because that's how the auto industry works in this country. About 6 years back, some dealers switched to a non haggle policy. At that time the sales people revealed that they don't own the manufacturer's car because it sucked. It did not work, since people did not feel they got a deal without haggling the price even if it was lower or because the sales people told the truth. So those dealers switched back to regular way of bull shitting to people.
In this country, car sales people are one of the most hated. In a way I feel sorry for them. But you always have options in life. If you choose to be ridiculed, then be ready to be ridiculed too.
I looked around for one whole week. Since I change my mind about which car to buy, every alternate second, It was a tough choice. I went from SUV's to wagons to American crap. In the end I bought a Saab from a private dealer who was the best I had seen till now. He didn't say he had the iPhone, even though he actually did or claimed that he drove a Saab. But I realized this morning that he sold me a crappy car.
No comments:
Post a Comment