Oct 27, 2008

Weekday? hmmmm

BRUTALITY FACTOR: Insanely Low

I came into the office this morning and guy who took the elevator along with me, looked at me and said, "Happy Monday". I just wanted to smack him with my bag. I wasn't sure if he was serious or was being sarcastic. Monday morning is just not the time. I at this time, I am sleepy, tired, irritated, pissed, have a headache, etc.

The Monday morning blues set in at around 6 pm Sunday evening. For some it starts on Friday itself. And, you are looking forward to the next weekend. It's the same story every time. 

Life has become pretty monotonous. I was just talking to an old friend and when he asked me about what was the latest and greatest. I did think really really hard and realized there's nothing happening at all. All we do is work during the weekdays, where we are disconnected from the rest of the world. On the weekends we party, hang out with friends, do the errands etc. 

So the answer is always, "Nothing much". Unless you made a trip somewhere locally or to India, there is nothing much to talk about. And there is always a question of what the rest of the gang is up to. And thank god for the movies or else the conversation would just end right there.

Once you start working, does all the excitement die? The clock just moves, but our lives pretty much stands still. I think most of us do not totally love what we do. We work to pay our bills. Simple. Even if you do land up doing something you like. Do you think we would look forward for a Monday morning?

Probably for the first couple of weeks, then it would be back to the normal. I think as long as we are not obligated to do anything, we wouldn't bitch about it. That's why we like our hobbies. Once our hobbies starts paying our bills, they become "Work".

Nobody wants everyday to be a weekday, and nor does anyone want everyday to be a weekend. We need a mix of both, so that we can cherish them. I would go crazy if I were to stay home during the weekend. 

Trust me. I think 2 days off, in a 7 day week is optimum. Anything more would make us go crazy or worse, look forward for a weekday. The two day weekend, 3 week vacation, a laugh with friends, being cared for, kicking a Russian, burning a Corolla etc are the small things we look forward to. But they make a magnitude of a difference. Which, I think makes life worth living for.

P.S. This post strays away from the main topic in between. Monday morning and a headache would be the reason.

1 comment:

Prajakta Damle said...

Totally agree with this post.