BRUTALITY FACTOR: Low
You think about the service only two times. First, when you sign up for it. Second, when the product you signed it up for, breaks. The difference is that you are happy the first time about the convenience and just cursing expletives the second time. Here's the problem.
My washer broke down. So, I called the company's help line to get a service appointment. I obviously like everyone else in the US, wanted it set up the same weekend. The person told me there was one slot available, a decade later. I didn't take it since I will be owning another washer by then.
Now I had to compromise and choose a weekday which again, was not available for another two weeks. I did not even bother to ask for one after 5 pm. I asked them for the time and they said, they will let me know on the day of my appointment. Wow. I certainly don't have the upper hand on this one for sure. They didn't even give me the service persons number. They said, "He will call you". Like he was a kidnapper or a terrorist.
Plus, they wanted me to be available at home. I told them that the door will be open since I don't lock the door anyways. He didn't agree. Come on. I am authorizing his entry and still no? The only thing worthy to steal in my house is the washer. Which, was broken like I said.
The guy woke me up at like six in the morning on the day of the appointment and tells me he's going to come in between 12 and 3. A window of 3 hours? Even Bush won't make people wait that long. I grumble, said OK and hung up.
At precisely 12, my stomach acted up and I wanted to use the loo. I couldn't. What if the guy showed up at that time? I didn't want to go through the whole scheduling process again. I held it in and it wasn't bad. At 2:45 it was very hard and he hadn't showed up then. I waited till 2:59 and decided he wasn't going to come, and ran to the restroom. I couldn't have held it for a moment longer. The instant I sat, the door bell rings. I wasn't going to move until I was done now. I ran a minute later to the door and he was gone.
I would have rather dragged the washer behind the car to the service center, to get it fixed. The three hour window was OK compared to the phone company who told the person would be there sometime between now and January.
So I scheduled another appointment which was another two weeks away. Only this time I decided to fast on that day. I hadn't washed my clothes in weeks. I was wearing my underwear inside out, front side back, front side back inside out, sideways and went commando too.
Finally my washer was fixed. I washed my clothes twice too. I sighed a breath of relief when I put in my last load. Then, my Dryer broke.
No comments:
Post a Comment