BRUTALITY FACTOR: High
This movie stars Sanjay Dutt, Minissha Lamba, Imran Khan, Vidya Malvade and Minissha's midriff (which does not have a prominent role, but shares more screen space than Minissha's face). Try and recollect and worst movie you have ever seen. This one's about 10 times worse than that.
The only saving grace was Imran Khan? That's what I thought too. But no. He has a stern face throughout the movie which seemed like he wanted to restroom real bad. For a second movie, he did a good job as compared to the rest of the cast. Sanjay was ok in the movie. He just seems so exhausted throughout the movie. He was probably going in and out of jail during the shooting. And he realised this movie was going down anyway, and never really cared about it.
Now Miss MiniSkirt aka Minissha . I don't know where to start. I guess her cleavage since the movie pretty much starts and ends with that. In Bachna Ae Haseeno, she plays this cute innocent girl and in this one, its the exact opposite. Like Imrans character in his first movie. It worked for Imran but not for Miniskirt. She tries hard to look hot. Sorry Miniskirt, cute and hot never quite go together.
Lets take a shot at Vidya. She acts as Minnisha's mom and Sanjay's wife. But both had some sort of competition. Who can flaunt the best cleavage? The award for that would go to Minissha. Vidya uses it as a distraction, so that people won't notice her acting. Oops, didn't work. She could not get one line straight.
The story goes like this. Actually, there isn't one. Let me tell you what they tried to do. Minissha strips into a bikini. Just when she's about to remove that, Imran kidnaps her. Minissha had a better collection of clothes at the kidnappers place. If I were kidnapped, trying to look good would have been the last thing on my mind. She looked like she was about to leave for a party in every scene. Imran shares a bad past with Sanjay. So he's taking revenge. Reason? I am not sure if its worth mentioning.
Imran gives Sanjay some clues to figure out his daughters location. This is not some stupid reality show, is it? In the end Sanjay puts out all the clues together and finds out the location. And the explanation made as much sense as the movie, which was zero.
Minissha's mom looked like her younger sister. Her grandmom? Like her elder sister. Sanjay looked like Vidya's dad. Watching this movie was the worst torture I had been through in years. It was so slow, time seemed to go backwards. When I was trying to look up the star cast just to check if I had missed any. I did find Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora and Rahul Dev. I don't remember seeing them. I think I slept through those parts.
Sanjay Gahdvi (director) used Minissha as a glam doll and she did good at that. Her acting? I don't think she was asked to do that at all.
Verdict: Absolute Crap!
2 comments:
Sanjay looked like Vidya's mom????
oops typo.. corrected it :) thanks
Post a Comment