Hallmark is a pretty well known name, and only one thing comes to mind. Greeting cards. Very few people are blessed with creativity. And, I am definitely not one of them. So for any occasion, I pay a couple of bucks for someone else's creativity and in the end, the recipient is happy. All is well that ends well. I personally feel that a greeting card with a personal note is more valuable than a expensive gift. Actually, I take that back.
Off late, the greeting card business is going for a toss. Look at the process involved. Get ready, take my car, swear at a few Corolla's, go to a store, look for the greeting cards section, no luck after 15 minutes, no luck after 1 hr, then realize I am in a store which does not sell cards, go to another store, find the correct section, look through hundreds of cards, get tired, buy some card for the heck of it, swear at a few more Corolla's on the way back home. Its pretty tedious from how I look at it. So everybody is turning towards another option. Online greetings.
Google greeting cards, and one can find a ton of links. Select the type of card you are looking for. It shows you a few options. Just pick one and send it. Done. Time spent is a few minutes, versus two million years. Money spent is $0.00. The other day I just checked out an online greeting card site and took a look at the upcoming events section. I almost passed out.
They have something mentioned for each day of the year, apart from the 'normal' new years, Christmas, etc. It seems like they asked Paris Hilton to come up with ideas for each day. Hence the bubble bath day, smile day, pig day, naked day etc.
There is apparently a Best friends day. Whats the need of this when there is a friendship day already? One things for sure, if you are not getting any calls on June 8th, you have none. And besides I just found a day when George Bush can celebrate, July 21st which is Monkey day. 7th of May this year was called odd day, since the month, day and year were an odd number series. Five, seven and nine. And it happens only four times in a century. Wow! I was dumb folded in shock. I mean, how idiotic is that. I am sure some Russian who is more jobless than I am, came up with that observation.
Last Sunday was Mothers day and as usual all the stores were trying their best to convince everyone that our moms were expecting gifts. Mothers Day has been celebrated for ages, all the way back to the 16th century. Young children were given permission to back home to meet their moms on this day. In the early 1900's US also decided to copy the tradition..
Around 27 Mother's days have come and gone. So this time, I thought I'd be nice and wish my mom. I did, and she asked if everything was OK. So much for being thoughtful. From next time I should just be ignoring it like I normally do. Just out of curiosity I checked, what today was going to be celebrated as. It was Frog Jumping Day!
2 comments:
Hey, there's even a better way to send greeting cards to people you'd like to touch base with...
Send Out Cards. You go online and select from 13,000 cards, personalize a greeting in your own handwriting, send gourmet gifts, gift baskets or gift cards to one or one thousand people in seconds at a fraction of the cost of Hallmark and you never leave your computer. And it's delivered to that person's mail box in a few days.
Check it out. Send a free card on me to anyone...http://tiny.cc/hjVyM
Hey, there's even a better way to send greeting cards to people you'd like to touch base with...
Send Out Cards. You go online and select from 13,000 cards, personalize a greeting in your own handwriting, send gourmet gifts, gift baskets or gift cards to one or one thousand people in seconds at a fraction of the cost of Hallmark and you never leave your computer.And its delivered to that person's mail box in a few days.
Check it out. Send a free card on me to anyone...http://tiny.cc/hjVyM
Post a Comment