Jan 22, 2009

Is change, here yet?

I expected the world to turn around on 20th January, after Obama became President. Well, nothing really happened. The stock market tanked that day, taking my hopes along with it.

If I were in Obama's shoes I wouldn't be able to sleep until my term was done. There's so many things which people are expecting out of him. Not only in the US, but around the world. I haven't seen so much keenness before. My mom asked if I saw the swearing in ceremony. I almost fainted, because till 3 months back George Bush according to her was something that grew in the backyard. Now she's talking about Obama, that's not normal.

His positive attitude are on the kids too. Now they don't take no for an answer. They respond saying, "Yes we can, Yes we can" for anything you say 'no' to. In one way he can easily exceed expectations since he replaced Bush. On the other hand, people think he is superman so can fail miserably. 

The swearing in speech was one of the last one's which lasted 18 minutes. He's been making so many speeches everywhere, I don't know if he is just repeating whatever he said before or coming up with new ones. He thanked Bush for the mess he put the country in and sent him off to Texas where he can ride horses till someone kills him with a shoe. If the horses don't behave, he will again blame Iraq for that.

The oath didn't go well, since the Chief justice was a bit drunk and got it all wrong. Obama did too. He had to retake the oath after the Chief had a breath analyzer test. If you think Obama is a good orator, wait till you hear his wife speak. If she stood for president, I am sure she would have won. Now she is the center of media attention. All the websites have a zillion pictures and info on what kind of dress she wore for the inaugural ball. Yes that's we want to know right now.

All the media is also curious to know what Obama does on a daily basis. So last evening he sent out a status report to all his bosses (aka public). He froze pays of Federal employees, ordered closing of the Guantanamo Prison, halted sales of Corolla's, etc. He's also against Bush's spying services and demanded transparency. So every telephone will now be tapped and available for your hearing pleasure.

No matter what said and done. He seems to be on fire from day one. Yes we can? I really hope you can Obama. I really hope you can.

No comments: