I am on the Internet almost all the time except in two situations. When I am sleeping or when I am using the restroom. While I was doing the latter, my blurry vision focused on the modified tree which, we call the toilet paper. I know for a fact that, we can't live without it. So I thought I'd write about all the stuff we do now in the USA which we don't/can't do back home in India.
- Our conversation begins with "Sup".
- All the guys and girls are referred to as "dudes".
- You will only buy a free cellphone.
- You will cook.
- You will also clean.
- Wired Internet connections simply do not exist.
- If you are in India and want to call up a friend there. You call Reliance's toll free number first by habit.
- Toyota Corolla is now a economy car.
- You follow traffic rules.
- You own credit cards.
- You owe a ton of money on the credit cards.
- Saving means nothing.
- You never pay full price. Use coupons for anything and everything.
- Never think twice before buying anything because you can always return.
- Coffee always means Starbucks.
- The guys never physically touch each other. Even if their life is on stake.
- Girls start wearing clothes which they never would in India.
- Legal music or movies has no place in your dictionary.
Like Joey says in Friends, "When you are in Rome, do the Romans". Its better to blend in with the crowd (a wannabe ABCD) rather than stand out and look like an idiot (like George Bush).
No matter what, we Desi's will never leave the "Missed Call" habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment