This year around summer has just remained a dream for people in the Chicago area, as we go from spring to fall. Fall will last for about two hours, before we head into winter. Usually as a part of this weather change package, mother nature always throws in Flu as a complimentary gift. Which no one wants. And I as always, can't say no.
The past two weeks has been pretty tough in terms of the flu. Initially I got it and I guess my colleagues got it from me. And then last week I got it from them again. There is a saying that goes, Give one and god will you three was true. Only here, instead of getting it three times, I got a flue three times as severe. My nose ran like the over flowing dam in Andhra. I sneezed so many times, that everyone quit saying bless you's. I don't think their blessings were working either.
With the H1N1 around, people were very concerned if I got it. Not because i would die, but to start running away from me. With all the hybrid cars running around the roads, the flu viruses also decided to do the same. The swine viruses became the H1N1 and then they started mating with the flu viruses. The flu is a combo deal, just like in fast food joints.
While I was busy browsing at work, I was about to sneeze. But it stopped right after I spotted an article. It talked about making it legal to carry guns in public places like restaurants, shops etc. Are they crazy? What this means is, the waiter better not disappoint a hungry diner. Or else, she'll have to be prepared for some bullets which will be moving in soon. There's one group who are against it, one who is for it, and one who doesn't really care, because they carry guns anyway.
There are two ways to look at it. People who carry guns will feel more secure and don't have to be worried about being confronted. If there's an intruder, wave to him and shoot him in the head. Simple. No questions asked. So you can invite Shiv Sena for dinner and feed him a seven course meal of bullets. Or blow out the tires of a Toyota Corolla. Close the case saying self defense. Recently some maniac decided to shoot everyone in a mall. People said if someone had a gun, then they could have stopped the massacre by killing him.
Seems effective. But, just the availability of a gun will tempt one to use it even for the slightest threat. Like ,when your husband is watching sports and refuses to pay attention to you. If a drunk person knocks your door, you think he's an intruder and kill him. Later you get to know that he was just knocking on the wrong door. That is a pretty harsh punishment for a small mistake. It would be a big problem for me. I for instance will have to stop showing my middle finger to slow pokes on the fast lane. In fear of getting my middle finger blown off. On the contrary, I could just start blowing off people who are doing 2 mph on the fast lane. To eliminate the problem once and for all.
Its any day better to not have any guns at all. No one has to feel threatened by anybody. Nobody gets killed. This might work in a strict countries like the middle east. But, here in the US it is just not possible. There are lunatics everywhere carrying weapons. What I don't get in this country is, why are guns being sold to the public in the first place? All you need is a ID and a gun is yours. In this economy there is a buy one get one free offer too. It should be restricted only to people who are authorized to use it.
I think there is another solution. Not pepper sprays or taser guns. Unless you are making love to the person you can't use them, as you have to be pretty close. Guns is the solution. Not the regular one, but the Tranquilizer guns. It would work out to be perfect. People will be safe, the person threatening them can get to kill some time in prison and, no one's dead in the end. And you have choices too. If there's an intruder, put him to sleep and later dump him at a police station. Or, in front of a semi.
No comments:
Post a Comment