Jul 2, 2009

What? Shiney Ahuja?

I am writing this post for many reasons. One, to say I am not dead yet. Two, I don't want people to assume that I have a life now and quit blogging. Three, I am bored at work now. Work had been quite hectic for the past two weeks, to the point that I in fact started dreaming about work. Our company decided to make use of the recession and took advantage of all of us, as they know no one would quit. It worked. The VP's made big buck bonuses and we (the labourers) got a "Thank you for all your hard work". That is just another way of saying, "Suckers".

Now that I bitched enough about work, lets look at the happenings in the past few weeks. Well, there was the IPL to keep the jobless people busy. Forty-five days of continuous match fixing. The next minute, world cup T-20 started. And somehow this series seemed to have got done by the next morning with Pakistan emerging victorious. There was probably another type of match fixing going on over here. Pakistan would have threatened Sri Lanka to blow away the bits and pieces of its country, left behind from the previous war. Who cares anyway? If India isn't playing, 99% of the cricket fans are not watching.

Indian Cricket has an invisible link to Bollywood. The actresses seem to be very attracted to the players and everyday there is a story about a new affair. Deepika Padukone has been linked to the entire Indian cricket team. Sreesanth is the Salman Khan of cricket with all the controversies. He is a drama queen and would be a perfect fit for Ektha Kapoor's serials. The guys are using cricket to enter Bollywood like the girls use beauty pageants. The tinsel town isn't that pretty actually.

Last week there was a news about Shiney Ahuja. He had raped his maid. When one becomes famous, there is always a benefit of doubt on these controversies. Shiney Ahuja's case had a support of this as people couldn't believe he was capable of doing such a thing. Why? Because he looked too innocent. One thing I say is to never trust innocent looking people. I am living proof of this.

Firstly I don't understand why a film star would try to bed his maid (Come on Shiney, have some class here). And secondly he is married. I always try to see both sides of the coin. One possibility is the maid could have raped him. But Shiney I am sure could have easily over powered her. Second possibility is that the maid would agreed to sleep with him and in the end just decided to turn the story around. Third, Shiney just raped her.

Initially Shiney denied the allegation but, later the DNA tests came out to be positive. This itself is proof that he committed the crime. Even his wife who was standing up for him was nowhere to be seen after the tests. Why would Shiney sit and cry all night, hide his face from the camera if it was mutual as he claims?

Personally I feel that rape should be considered equal to a murder. At least in a murder the victim is already dead, but in a rape, the victim has to live with the horrible incident in her head. And lately Shiney's lawyer has requested leniency in Shiney's case as he has a good family background. That was the case before he committed the crime, not anymore. The lawyer must be prosecuted for such an request.

I am not changing my blog into a Bollywood gossip site. So what am I trying to say here? I am happy to see that the maid was strong enough to go complain against a film star and action was being taken. At the same time I am sad to see Sanjay Dutt enter politics.

No comments: